About Flip N Funny

My photo
Initially, this blog was designed to track my development as a comic. Although that remains true today, the blog has evolved into something more. The FlipNFunny Blog is now a catchall medium to express my thoughts on any subject whether it concerns comedy, films, sports, or life in general. Essentially, if I feel strongly about something, you can expect to see my thoughts here. Thank you.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Cleator - Aug.21.09

CLEATOR - New Joke Sputtering


On Tuesday, August 18th I once again tried my hand at working a joke that’s been brewing in my head for the last couple years. The joke is a true story of my visit to a doctor. So many things were so weird that it necessitated its own bit.

On my first attempt to share this joke, it was very, very clunky. It had no flow and it didn’t help that I missed some points to the joke. So after a start that elicited some laughter, the bit quickly descended into a long awkward bit. I’ve done some major revisions on the joke before trying it out again on Tuesday. And although I received a more positive response from the older members of the crowd, I still had some issues.

Here is a list of the issues with Cleator –
- Younger members of the crowd can’t relate to the topic
- Topic is fricken gross
- I had trouble memorizing the joke
- Some of the tags are very subtle

Even though I have a short list of issues with this joke, I still have a lot of faith in it. I think with some time and further revisions, I KNOW I can make this joke work.


Dennis L.

No comments:

Post a Comment