About Flip N Funny

My photo
Initially, this blog was designed to track my development as a comic. Although that remains true today, the blog has evolved into something more. The FlipNFunny Blog is now a catchall medium to express my thoughts on any subject whether it concerns comedy, films, sports, or life in general. Essentially, if I feel strongly about something, you can expect to see my thoughts here. Thank you.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Flipn Update - Unexpected

I had the opportunity to work this past weekend at Lafflines. Signing up for the gig, I was asked to do a tight 15min - no filler, just the straight goods. I’m happy to say that I was able to do just that. I cleared 15min quite easily to my surprise. I thought the max time I could clock in was about 17min, including my B level jokes, 20-25min including C level crap that requires major revisions.

Although I did throw in some new jokes to try on each of the three sets I did on the weekend, I am more than proved to myself that I am closer to my goal than I originally anticipated. I threw in the jokes because I had the liberty to do that in all three sets. I had won crowd over in a big way in all three sets. These were my best outings on any of the weekend shows that I have done.

With this piece of info, I have reassessed my timelines for reaching my goals. I think I can push up getting to 25min by the summertime and getting that total up 30min by the end of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment