About Flip N Funny

My photo
Initially, this blog was designed to track my development as a comic. Although that remains true today, the blog has evolved into something more. The FlipNFunny Blog is now a catchall medium to express my thoughts on any subject whether it concerns comedy, films, sports, or life in general. Essentially, if I feel strongly about something, you can expect to see my thoughts here. Thank you.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Comedy Goals 2011

For the past couple years, my goals for comedy always included competitions and festivals and doing this and that room and so forth and so forth. In 2010, I felt I made some headway in regards to getting better gigs but I also felt that I stagnated a little in developing fresh material. This coming year, I decided to take my focus away from such a wide variety of goals. Instead, my focus will simply be on development.

I think opportunities will continue to come my way as long as I add to my catalogue. Not only do I want to develop more material, I want to leave my comfort zone and play around and start using the mic stand. I want to try sitting down and chatting with the audience. I think crowd interaction is the weakest part of my skill set and I have to improve on that asap.

So, no long laundry list of what I’m looking to accomplish in 2011. I just want to focus on improving me as a standup comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment