About Flip N Funny

My photo
Initially, this blog was designed to track my development as a comic. Although that remains true today, the blog has evolved into something more. The FlipNFunny Blog is now a catchall medium to express my thoughts on any subject whether it concerns comedy, films, sports, or life in general. Essentially, if I feel strongly about something, you can expect to see my thoughts here. Thank you.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

False Start @ Lanalous

Lanalous - Jan.09.11
Set Time: 7min (approx.)

I wanted to start off the year on the right foot. I wanted to go out and have fun and destroy the room on my first set of the year. I wanted people laughing soooo hard that they would shoot their drinks out of their noses. I wanted them laughing so hard that they actually start coughing up organs. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN!

Instead I received a drunken woman asking me math equations. I shit you not. After my joke, This, she yelled out "what's the square root of 3+1?" My response was "do I ask you how to shoot heroin?" Not exactly the best comeback but I was able to get back at her a little.

As for the remainder of the set, I think I need to spend more actual rehearsal time rather than just practicing in the car. There's an old New York joke that goes like this -

Tourist: How do I get to Broadway?
New Yorker: Practice! Practice! Practice!


No comments:

Post a Comment