About Flip N Funny

My photo
Initially, this blog was designed to track my development as a comic. Although that remains true today, the blog has evolved into something more. The FlipNFunny Blog is now a catchall medium to express my thoughts on any subject whether it concerns comedy, films, sports, or life in general. Essentially, if I feel strongly about something, you can expect to see my thoughts here. Thank you.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Secret of Comedy

Raw Canvas Lounge - Jan.11.11
Set Time - 5.30min

First time at Raw Canvas Lounge. What a cool place! I can’t comment on the quality of the food or drinks because I just had my regular prison fare (glass of water). If you’ve never been, half the space is reserved for diners and the other half is reserved for artists. There are about ten easels set up for art enthusiasts to take advantage of. And because the venue respected art, it seemed to have permeated to the staff who showed respect to the comics and the art that we were refining. They were friendly and respectful. Much respect to Darcy Michael and Jane Stanton for setting up the cool ass venue.

As for my set, this was a promising development. I forgot to do the Beauty and the Beast reference to one of the jokes and it seemed to have smoothed out the bit which I’m happy about. Unfortunately, that portion makes me giggle. Unless I can successfully restructure the tag I might have to remove it indefinitely. The preceding joke, Surrey Costco, is surprisingly getting a bigger response. I may need to switch the order if this continues.

Tuesday night also served another reminder that my material makes me The Secret of Comedy – strong enough for a man but made for women. As in my material seems to be written for women to enjoy, but men get a good kick out of it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment